ABW is the only national leather title contest in the United States that emphasizes and celebrates LGBTQ individuals serving proudly and openly in our community. Many former ABW titleholders have taken a public stance on one or more significant issues, such as same-sex legislation, equal rights, civil rights, domestic violence, harassment, hate crimes, public health & safety, community outreach, or as a voice for others with urgent needs.
Expectations of Titleholders
ABW titleholders are expected to be of service in the community. All titleholders are expected to attend a minimum of two LGBTQ leather/BDSM events per quarter where they are volunteering, fundraising, teaching, or judging.
The contest is open to leather people who are US Citizens, at least 21 years of age, and who self-identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or queer. All titles are open to the transgender community so long as they identify with the appropriate title. Qualified individuals are required to submit a completed Contestant Application and completed Photo Release form for consideration no later than midnight on Friday, July 3, 2020.
- Identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or queer
- Have a history of involvement within the leather/BDSM and LGBTQ community and have strong community ties.
- Must participate in all officially scheduled ABW events during the contest weekend.
- The contestant is expected to provide at least one basket of items to be auctioned during the weekend with a value of $300-500. (see basket section)
- It is recommended that contestants have some public speaking ability.
- American Leatherman (ALM) – Must be a self-identified male
- American Leatherwoman (ALW) – Must be a self-identified female
- American Leatherboy (ALb) – Must be a self-identified boy/boi regardless of gender
Download the application today.
- Read the full contestant application package, available as a PDF or a Word document;
- Complete the four page contestant application;
- Complete the contestant registration and pay entry fee via Eventbrite; and
- Send completed application, signed photo release, and proof of citizenship to contestant coordinator by deadline in application.
Questions about running? Contact Us Today